• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Genset Trailer pick up

Jries

Hi all,

Im new to this site and to Gov Liquidation. Ive been looking at getting a genset and a few are going off in my area that are on trailers. My question is do they let you pull it out of the base hooked to your truck or do you need to trailer it out? I was just wondering seeing as its untagged and its the government.

Dixmotorpool

I pulled mine off the base DSSC Columbus Ohio.... aired up a tire and took off to the nearest tire shop.... just made it, before it went flat... got a new tube put in and its still up and runningl.. takes a pintle hitch and the higher the better.... about 30", mine was 20" from the groung so it was in the nose down position on the road.... I think most all bases will let you pull a trailer off the base.... some wont let you drive a truck off I have heard.

buck

Standard pintle or 2" ball with clasp on it, both work equally well in a 2" reciever hitch. You can use an 8 bolt chevy or dodge rim and tire for an emergency spare, rig lights, air up the tires if needed (be sure to check them), and check the hubs a few times on the way home (first 10-12 miles most important) make sure they're not hot. Should be good to go. Good luck with you're recovery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks