• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Watch your step

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Saterday while cleaning up the yard i steped on a nail and it went into my heel , Well i stepped on the bord with my other foot and yanked it out ! OUCH! went in the house took my shoe off. Yes i should have been wairing my boots! Nail went in the bottom of my heel and out the side. Cleaned it out real good and put some med on it. and soaked it in some hot salt water. well ever since it has realy hurt. yesterday at work at lunch i was in tears from the pain. Well my boss loaded me up and off to the ER and i had a sliver of bone that chipped off when i stepped on the nail. Went to the foot DR today and they removed the bone chip. Im numb at this time but have some good pain killers for later but Im off work tommarow! and Grandma is making me mind the DR orders! If you do step on a nail get it checked because you never know!

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, in my experience, you can sorta blow off what the Doc says and maybe get by with it...BUT:

You better listen to Grandma or you will wish ya had!!

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I stepped on a nail I couldn't remember my last tetanus shot so I figured I better go get one. I went to the walk in clinic and told them all I wanted was a tetanus shot. They sent me back and the Dr. came in and wanted to look at my foot. I showed him my foot and he said "yea, looks like you stepped on a nail" and walked out. A few minutes later a nurse came in, gave me the shot, and sent me on my way. A few days later I got a bill in the mail. $30 for the shot and $400 for the Dr.! So I paid a Dr. $400 to tell me something I already knew.

DeucesWild11

Yikes, hope you don't work on your feet! The only good thing to come out of it is the pain killers... Hydrocodone is some fantastic stuff.. Hope that's what you got.

Feel & Get better!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully there will be no lasting effects from this and you feel better when the pain killers are gone.

Action Man

I stepped on a nail a while back. Don't think I got a tetanus shot for it but it went in pretty deep. Probably wouldn't have happened if I had my jump boots on back then...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Monday, I took my dog to the vet's. She had a slight mishap on the motorcycle.

When my vet referred to her bad(previous permanent leg injury) as her "Gimpy Leg", I actually laughed out loud. She looked at me funny(like I was making fun of my own dog), and I had to explain why I laughed.

We may need a "Gimpy section" at the GA rally.

BTW, I asked about getting her a joint transplant. It is not offered at this time(amputation is the only option). I am gonna try to find a forum on leg transplants. I'm thinking I could transplant a PIG leg (whole). Wouldn't that be cool? (Sorry Angie)

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's not get carried away.

You need to start at the bottom, and work your way up.(like Monica Lewinsky did).

Do you like Cigars?

jedawson1

That is what I call a bad day. I've stepped on nails bedded in wood before but there was never enough sticking out to penetrate bone. You have the worst case of stepping on a nail I have heard of to date. Hopefully with the fragment removed, your recovery will be quick and with minimal pain.
:grd:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder is saftey glasses would have helped avoid this situation?

Or the TMs?

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Swelling is going down and i can sorta walk again. Soaking in Hot salt water is helping a lot. And grandma made Boston cream pie! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I had gotten a pile of scrap wood to use for getting the fire started this winter and i was sorting and stacking it in prep for the up coming winter. It was one of the bords that i had set aside to cut that had the nail in it. And again I should have been wairing by boots and this would not have happened! A hard head makes a sore A** or in my case a sore foot! Some times we just have to learn the hard way!aua

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Monday, I took my dog to the vet's. She had a slight mishap on the motorcycle.

When my vet referred to her bad(previous permanent leg injury) as her "Gimpy Leg", I actually laughed out loud. She looked at me funny(like I was making fun of my own dog), and I had to explain why I laughed.

We may need a "Gimpy section" at the GA rally.

BTW, I asked about getting her a joint transplant. It is not offered at this time(amputation is the only option). I am gonna try to find a forum on leg transplants. I'm thinking I could transplant a PIG leg (whole). Wouldn't that be cool? (Sorry Angie)
They are good at adapting!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks