• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

v-100 turret basket

Dr.Tom

Gentlemen,

Anyone out there have a source for turret basket and/or components for V-100? So far I have collected 4 original .30 cal ready boxes, so have trading material. I need just about everything else. I private message response is fine.

Thanks

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome!
JimK successfully reproduced a basket based on detailed measured drawings of my original. I'll share the details with you and see if we can't get you pointed in the right direction.
Myself and a couple of others probably have some spare bits we can share, and plenty of advice on other parts.

I'll PM you.

Cheers

wgtactical

hellonwheelsv-100 has a nice collection as well. I know I had sent him a crate full of spares from my V100. If I see any additional parts in the next couple days that might help, I will advise.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here are some pictures, drawings and diagrams that Rory sent me when I was making mine. I thought I PM'd you them (with others and details) but they must not have uploaded, here are the 9 most relevant.

Attachments

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here is the spent round boxes that I mentioned in your PM. The 50 cal trays were fab'd from 1x1 angle bent on same machine that did the basket floor (1-1/2x1-1/2?). The trays got tabs welded on after set up. The pic inside the V - all parts fab'd are seen in bare steel, tunnel, tool box...

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, sing out on any detail photos, etc. that you need also.

Don't be bashful about asking for details, measurements, etc., we enjoy this and it's great to see another V being restored! :beer:

Cheers

baseballump

Tom From some one who has seem Rory V and been in it. And watched two guys drive it Trust what he says. Rorys is great . I was a V 100 driver in Nam And it was so much fun at Rorys a few weeks ago. His V was done right.

Tom- As we discussed, I have an original basket and seat set aside for you, courtesy of wgtactical, which he got from B3.3T. You will find that V owners are a pretty small community.

Dave C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks