• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

You "people" amaze me!

SimonG

So I working on my 1009 last Sunday, completely baffled by the lifter pump rod, so I call a guy from SS to ask advice. I have only talked to him once before, for about 10 minutes on the phone, but Im stumped. I tell him my problem and you know what he says?

"Where do you live Ill be there in 20" So this guy drives 30 minutes and spends 3 hours helping my work on my truck.

You people need to knock that crap off.

thanks Kip ;)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had called someone that knew what they were doing, it would have only taken 1 hour to fix...:p

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's funny! Took him 30 minutes to get there in 20. Great work Kipman! Reminds me of my 3 foot 4' pipewrench.

kipman

Sunday was another wrench fest on SimonG 1009, we put a block heater in, and I will let SimonG tell what else we found wrong. :p

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sunday was another wrench fest on SimonG 1009, we put a block heater in, and I will let SimonG tell what else we found wrong. :p
1. He was missing his tools after you left?

2. He didn't have a tall enough step stool for you?

SimonG

yeah well when I changed out the water pump last summer, who new there was nuts on the back of the bolts connecting to the IP.....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
So I working on my 1009 last Sunday, completely baffled by the lifter pump rod, so I call a guy from SS to ask advice. I have only talked to him once before, for about 10 minutes on the phone, but Im stumped. I tell him my problem and you know what he says?

"Where do you live Ill be there in 20" So this guy drives 30 minutes and spends 3 hours helping my work on my truck.

You people need to knock that crap off.

thanks Kip ;)
This is nothing NEW, SS is a FAMILY, and as one WE go out of our way to help, IT is just the way things are, no big deal. How many times has someone taken off work or mounted up for a 6 hr. run to answer a 911 call, these are things that are rarely given a thought. THIS IS WHAT SS IS.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So is this the reason I was told "hey, I had something come up. Call you back in a few mins."

Only to be called back a few hours later? I should have known.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wait till you get out to the farm when everyone is out there. We have burnt up starters and shorted out alternators like the best of them. It all works out though, Kip's brother has a deuce out there we steal parts from to make our other rigs work again!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was not there, for that one. No really, I was not there.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
One of the reasons I like this site so much is that it reminds me of the relationships I forged in the Army. You may not like all of your buddies but you always have their back.

We're just one great big dysfunctional family. Full of geniuses, kooks, oddballs, rich, poor, professional and ordinary working stiffs.

I love to cook at the GA Rally......people have asked me why.......it's because it's like I'm taking care of my Soldiers again.

I have yet to meet any of you.But im sure i will eventually get to right.Im very thankful for all the help for all the random questions about my m1008s(my Chock Blocks) lol.
Though im curious how is the Ip pump bolts attached to the water pump on a m1009?

jw4x4

Wait till you get out to the farm when everyone is out there. We have burnt up starters and shorted out alternators like the best of them. It all works out though, Kip's brother has a deuce out there we steal parts from to make our other rigs work again!
Are there any planned meetings this month? I would like to put some miles on the 932 before heading to Ga. and that would be a good destination.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks