• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW on Mythbusters

mo-mudder

Anyone see the most recent Mythbusters? It was the whirlpool/snowplow one. The had a CCKW cnowplow that they were trying to get up to 70 mph in hope that the wind bubble in front of the plow would push a car off the road. Long story short, they had a bunch of problems even getting the heavy old horse up to 60 by towing, then ended up just taking a heavy duty forklift, picked it up, and let it fall on its top from 12 feet in the air. I'm pretty new to the MV world, but I my stomach did sink a little when they did that, much less all the other crap they did to this old truck. I usually love the show, but this one made me shake my head a little. Kinda like on the old Monster Garage show when Jesse would go out and buy a pretty-well restored classic, then go about trashing it to make it into a salad bar or something.

DMgunn

They frequently take out their frustration on the poor subjects after their experiments fail. I cringed when they torched the driveshafts, but wasn't aware that it got much, much worse. I don't watch it anymore. Seems to me they are running out of myths to bust and are inventing new ones to justify their existence.

mo-mudder

I especially liked it when they said 'yea, we've been working on this for 3 days, then you guys (the 'snowplow experts', probably just a couple MV collectors) come out and get it fixed in 45 minutes. In cases like this, it's just a matter of people being too smart for their own good.

hippiedude

A few weeks ago they trashed a mint 1967 fury III.. :cry: Tried to make it flip by droping the drive shaft .. they fsiled 5or6 times but put the 3rd drive shaft though the trunk... :x

ida34

My son cringed when they did the myth of the Samurai sword cutting trough a hot machine gun barrel in WWII. The trashed a couple of 1919 barrels and some Thompson barrels. When they could not get the sword to do the job they heated them up in a charcoal pit until they were red hot and they still held up pretty well to the sword. It the machine gun barrel had been that hot it would have been a run away fire situation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks