• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you do with by products

Pinkie

quote from biodieselgear.com

" The only byproduct is called Glycerol, a mixture of Glycerin, impurities and any remaining alcohol and catalyst. The alcohol evaporates off naturally over time and the catalyst can be wasted out. The glycerin can be used as a good degreaser and hand soap. It can also be further processed into pure glycerin used in the cosmetic industry and others."

You can also try to reclaim the Methnenol, I do not know how to do this but some people are doing it

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fertilizer, I guess. I think McDonalds takes the burnt pieces of french fries outta the used fryer oil and flattens them out to make hash browns outta them.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have "tons" of glycerine, did make a batch of soap last year, good soap actually use some daily. To get rid of the buckets of glycerine, I burn a fair amount, it works very well as a fire starter in the mornings (fireplace and wood stove).

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like a very firm jelly. I do put it over the logs and light it with some paper to get the temp up. It then burns and runs all over the logs getting everything started good. When hot enough, it burns cleanly without smoke by itself too.

alphadeltaromeo

We've been enjoying the wood-burning stove. We have some friends that are producing some quality lotions from our goat milk...I discussed with them the desire to produce bio in the future and use the glycerine for some of their products. He's a chemist and has shown quite a bit of interest in that.

Bidslinger

I was hoping for some life changing product. I know if I could make some kinda peachtree and potpouri smelly candle out of it I would be rich. My wife would burn up the profits though. If somebody uses my idea make one that smells like old country feed store .oh yea! I get 10%.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks