• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical issues

JR Scout

My Goat was fitted with cutoff switches on each battery and a toggle master on/off switch on the dash somewhere along the way. Turned the toggle off, but left the cutoffs on (by mistake) after moving it a few days ago. Tried to start 2-3 days later, got about 1&1/2 turn, then it died completely, just like the master switch was cut off. Recharged the batteries, tried again, and it is still completely dead, no gauges move.

I was going to start by replacing the cuttoff switches. Does anybody have any other ideas for trouble shooting? It has a new stock 24v alt.

Charlie 6

I just installed a DB Electric battery master disconnect kill switch Racing Pollack 51-302 on my goat.
I spliced the positive cable on the driver side battery that runs to the distribution panel under the radiator. It works perfect.

Charlie 6

You might want to scrape off your negative ground wire on passenger side where it grounds to vehicle. My goat is still grounded just below the hole where the positive wire goes through the body.
There was a MWO that changed the ground to a bolt on the clutch housing. The ground on my goat is good so I have not moved it.

Gamagoat1

Can you show that MWO?
The engine sits in ruber mounts, that means all high amp. electrical draw would travel through transmission and transfer case to, again, body ground. Great for gears. There are two original ground spots. One on the engine, passenger side and one to the body.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks