• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GPW transmission fun

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a little chunk missing from the rail there looks like? I would be tempted to weld it up in place. T84 transmissions are not exactly sturdy.

JGBallew

Got a little chunk missing from the rail there looks like? I would be tempted to weld it up in place. T84 transmissions are not exactly sturdy.
It's a worn section, not broken away.
It's a customers, so it'll get replaced. I'm still trying to figure out if he actually paid money for this "rebuilt transmission", cause I saw a lot of rust and pitting in there, and no builder I know would have left that worn shift rod in there.

steelypip

Obviously, 'rebuilt' in this use means 'I found it in the field under the remains of the old chicken shed and this sucker wants to buy it from me.'

That said, I've run worse looking gearsets than that for tens of thousands of miles without incident after a thorough cleanup. That shift rail is interesting, though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks