• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Benton City Daze, Benton City WA

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
This past weekend I brought my M923 to participate in the Benton City Daze Parade. Then, for after the parade, a member of the group convinced the city to let us set our own little MV car show / static display in the local Park & Ride parking lot.

This same batch has been doing parades & car shows in our area for the last 5 years. But this is the first where we weren't doing it so individually. We have a fear that if we call it a club it might fall apart or scare people away. The semi-impromptu gatherings are about as much as we can handle.

After we got the camo netting up and settled back to BBQing and BSing the local media showed up and wanted to do a little piece for the news that night.

Larry, out most VETERAN member took point,as he is used to slinging the $#!+.
As he spoke to the corespondent, she keep trying to turn our hobby into a international business venture. Anyway Larry and our rigs go on the news that evening so even thought it was not the spin we were looking for.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Restoring military vehicles[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]new[/FONT]So we had a Command Car, a DUKW, a couple Jeeps, a couple CCKWs, a newly completed Bomb truck & trailer, an M-37, Ford GTB/Burma Jeep and my M923.

Attachments

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
More

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks