• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1938??? how do you know?

S&S

Saw this on a harley forum, does the story make sence to anybody here?

As posted on e-bay

"1938 Harley Davidson Flathead 45ci
VIN# N99954CAL

A beautiful barn find!

It has highly unusual vin numbers which experts have deduced that it was originally a military bike that Harley designated for the Navy during the war.

The VIN numbers also conclude that this was the 54th bike to come back from the war and enter into the State of California.

From what I found Harley would send their bikes with a Goulding sidecar and a spare engine to the war and most would be either left or damaged or destroyed. They knew they wouldn't be maintained so they would send them with a spare engine just in case the original one in the bike died. This is a complete set that has everything preserved and brought back from the war.

A highly desirable option of aluminum hi compression heads for the engine in the bike and the standard heads for the spare engine.

Very original condition with no modifications to the frame, even has original paint on the tanks, frame and sidecar. It has the original "Buddy" seat which was made for two people to ride. Also included are the military crash bars which are highly desireable as well.

In running condition. It takes only a couple kicks and comes to life!

The only non original things that have been brought to our attention are the fenders, taillight and battery. Not bad considering the fact this bike is almost 80 years old.

Please contact if interested and I will gladly show you this beauty."

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks