• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat Crankcase capacity

Gamagoat1

Tom,
I don't know why but all the books say 12 qts. also. If you put 12 qts. in the engine it will be pretty dam- full of oil. If you got a copy of the original Military Specs" back when Gamagoat.com was functioning, you'll notice that it calls for 9 qts.
The books are invaluable but they are full of errors. Got to be careful.

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Bumping an old thread,I changed the oil in the Goat this week,and it took 12 quarts to bring it back to full with filter change.

The data plate in this Goat was also stamped 9 quarts,evidently that is without changing the filter?

BTW,I used NAPA Gold 1138 for the filter,worked great!

Last edited:

1958 M274

I don't know what engine oils y'all are using but here's a reminder that Detroit is very specific about not using multi viscosity (IE 15W40) in two strokes. According to documentation that I have read and what the Detroit dealer told me, for normal operating temperatures, they specify CF-2 rated straight 40W. Shell Rotella T1 40W meets this specification and is available at NAPA, Walmart, and Amazon.com...

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDO...Shell_Rotella_T1_40_(CF_CF-2)_(en-US)_TDS.pdf

AMGeneral

I don't know what engine oils y'all are using but here's a reminder that Detroit is very specific about not using multi viscosity (IE 15W40) in two strokes. According to documentation that I have read and what the Detroit dealer told me, for normal operating temperatures, they specify CF-2 rated straight 40W. Shell Rotella T1 40W meets this specification and is available at NAPA, Walmart, and Amazon.com...

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDO...Shell_Rotella_T1_40_(CF_CF-2)_(en-US)_TDS.pdf
Thanks for the reminder Joe,I used Shell Rotella T1 30 wt CF-2 rated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks