• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OH, IN, IL, KY, MI, WI, MN, (and beyond) going to Aberdeen??

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OH, IN, IL, KY, MI, WI, MN, (and beyond) going to Aberdeen????

Cabell Garbee (the coordinator for the East Coast Convoy) has invited us to add a Western serial to destination: ABERDEEN.

I have humbly volunteered to organize this western group, but I need your help. Incidentally, if anyone really would rather "head this up", let me know. I will try to make this work for as many as possible. Anyone that is on or around this route is invited to join.

This is all very preliminary at this point, but by looking at the map, there seems to be two obvious MAIN routes to consider. (see map)
#1 is Interstate 70 (Right through the center of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio)
# 2 is Interstate 80/90 (Along the southern edge of the Great Lakes)

Perhaps with the two joining around Pittsburgh, and then continuing on into Aberdeen.

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Ok, all interested post up!!!! (or pm me)

Attachments

Westech

CPL
RE: OH, IN, IL, KY, MI, WI, MN, (and beyond) going to Aberde

well im game.. looks like you got my starting point all ready to go (madison) is this going to be a two day convoy or push all the way there?

jfnemt1ff1

# 2 works for me. I could meet up in toledo. for me its is about 750 miles two days might me better.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

2 day I hope. I guess we'll see who thinks what.

Hookin1

JWC i'm thinking about going not sure if the duece will be able to travel,but i might have it ready in time..also i'll be bringing the portable power plant with me :D need to know when you are planning on leaving..it would be easier for me to meet you in cinci and head out from there.

Also Mike if you read this let me know if you have room for my duece and trailer,if not i'll just bring the duece i hope....fingers crossed.....

CCATLETT1984

I can meet up in cincy as well, I could do the trip in about 9 hours, but I know that you guys cant do 70mph in your MV's like mine can :D

I'll prolly be taking the I90 route, assuming that its not closed for construction (as they have a habit of doing ;) )

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ken, I don't know. Jeff and I were talking about that today. As of right now, the deuce, the 725, or the vw golf. Why do you ask?

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech said:
is anyone taking #1?
Rich,

There are three of us on route #1 right now. Lance (hookin1), will come up from Evansville, IN and meet Chris (Gimpyrobb) and myself in Cincinnati. Then the three of us will head north to I-70. If you wanted to join up with us in Dayton, OH or Columbus, OH that would work well.

It would be great if we could all meet along #1 (I-70). I only suggested the #2 (I80/90) route because I figured there would be some guys from Michigan that would want to go that way (looks a little shorter?). It would be great if all you northerners could drop down through Toledo? and hook up with us in Dayton or Columbus.

jfnemt1ff1

Ok sounds like it will be columbus, when and were. Are we going to make the trip in one or two days. Should we when the time comes post cell phone #s for all that are going.
John
P.S. If any from Michigan is going maybe we could hook up and go south.

Westech

CPL
oops the north rought is what i wanted to say lol well it dont really matter to me just pick a meeting place. I did the run last year in one day and there was alot of messing around. i think if we just hit the road and keep to it one day will be ok.. now it will be like 20 hours for me but we know how i love to drive till i puke.

Westech

CPL
oops the north road is what i wanted to say lol well it dont really matter to me just pick a meeting place. I did the run last year in one day and there was alot of messing around. i think if we just hit the road and keep to it one day will be ok.. now it will be like 20 hours for me but we know how i love to drive till i puke.

CCATLETT1984

once it gets closer, we will all get each others phone #'s, exact planned routes, and contact information for next-of-kin (just in case something happens, so your family can be told.) I wouldn't have everyone just post there # on the site, I like not getting phone calls about health insurance and the like. We could all forward our info to one person and then distribute the list to everyone.

Also during the convoy I will have my CB radio in the truck, I also have a set of walkie-talkies (Cobra- they operate on both the FRS and GMRS freq's) so we can keep in touch while not cranking through cell phone minutes.

CGarbee

CCATLETT1984 said:
Also during the convoy I will have my CB radio in the truck, I also have a set of walkie-talkies (Cobra- they operate on both the FRS and GMRS freq's) so we can keep in touch while not cranking through cell phone minutes.
One of the things that our Communications Officer will be distributing to all of the convoy partipants just prior to the Convoy will be a listing of Ham/Military frequencies, FRS/GRS and CB,channels to be used as primary and secondary channels by each Serial. Included will be cell phone numbers for those who have included them in thier registrations (including the Convoy Commander, March and Serial Commanders, Safety Officer, etc.).

This way, we can all be on the same page and will not run into trouble with other users of the airwaves. :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Westech said:
now it will be like 20 hours for me but we know how i love to drive till i puke.
Gross Westy! Just make sure your windshields are open!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks