• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The two oldest boys bought their first deuce!

bkortman

This is our first post after reading this site alot in the last view months. This site has been so great and we have learned so much from all of you. We are another family from Michigan. My wife and I have 9 children and the two oldest boys have gotten the bug to by a duece. We found one through the classifieds here that was only about 120 miles away and we fell in love with it. It took them a little while to save up the money but we were able to finally pay for it yesterday and we drove to pick it up. The ride home turned into an adventure when we the brake line to the rear axels and lost all of our brake fluid leaving us stranded with brakes. I call the son of the previous owner (He has a truly awesome 5 ton). He drove to meet us and helped us rig a solution to get us home. Living in Michigan we will probably need a heater pretty quickly, even though the boys would like to add a winch first.

I am eager to send in the plate information and learn more about the new duece. I have added more pics to the gallery under Kortman

Attachments

poppop

RE: The two oldest boys bought their first duece!

Glad to have you aboard!! Looks like a great truck but this ole Ga boy doesent know what all that white stuff is.

mtech

Nice looking truck, you and the boys should be pleased. I bought my first deuce last January and it has been a blast. Half of the fun has been learning about the truck, mostly through this site. Added my winch yesterday, already had the heater. Good LUCK!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Fantastic!! Just goes to show that this military vehicle disease is passed down to the next generation genetically too! :) Now, your sons just need to sign up for SS and start posting with the rest of us crazies. Welcome to our family.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Another welcome aboard. I dunno GA boys, that MI crowd is getting pretty big. You folks need to do some recruiting to keep pace.

citizensoldier

surprized you did not have a deuce already.. With nine kids it would be handy for road trips...Welcome to the fold..
It looks like a very complete truck..Hope to see you at some shows here in Michigan this year.

ojsdna744

Tell them congrats on the purchase!! My 13 yr. old daughter is convinced that I'll be ready to part with my M1009 by the time she turns 16! :roll: Maybe I'll be ready for a Hum-vee by then! Welcome to the site!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome aboard the site great to hear the Children are getting a great hobby. My gear turning childhood kept me out of a lot of trouble and I have tried to instil that into my children too. Have a great time exploring this site it is really amazing what you can learn.

67Beast

Welcome and nice looking deuce. If you need any help or anything, I'm just an hour north of you in the Silver Lake/Hart area. Make sure you get out and enjoy several of the MV show that are held around Michigan. There are several out there, the show in Clair and the show in Silver Lake shouldn't be to far of a drive for you to get to.

littlebob

Welcome Aboard,
Since my I started my journey, I have found everything I need to know here. Condradullatoins on a nice looking Truck
littlebob

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bkortman,
Nice lookin' truck...too bad it is an arctic model!! Looks good, welcome to the greatest MV site around. Everybody here is full of info and are a VERY big help.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find! It'll be a real good family fun kind of thing, looks like! sorry to hear of the brake line popping.

The brake hoses at the wheels are rubber, but here is a question for the experts: Is the brake line itself made of stainless or just steel?

Mine has a thin layer of rust (yes I brought a Yankee deuce to Texas, silly me..), but looks fine and has never rusted further or given problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks