• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat rebuild

M816 Mac

I bought this Goat back in 2003 after returning from OIF I. I then stored it behind my father in law's barn until today. For the last 8 years I have been buying the parts needed to rebuild this vehicle. The windshield, seats, transmission cover, and steering box are sitting in the garage. The motor runs I just need to hook everything up. I plan to document the rebuild as I go along. Today is day one, the welcome home.

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Mac!!!! your back!!
Send me a want list of common stuff you need before you spend any money.
Welcome back my friend!!!!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Jimma

My brother cessnatwin recently restored one. Contact him if you have any issues or questions. He is a mechanic and MV nut. He is a great asset.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never liked the Gama Goat. They are ugly, look like a committee of short-bus occupants designed it, it's loud as ****, the heater has two settings - off and broil, it never really floats unless you pray a couple times before you try it out, not really great for mounting guns or other weapons systems, and it's definitely not a chick magnet like most MVs are.

But it's a Steel Soldier. So it must be saved! Keep us posted....

m561gamagoat

maddawg, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I justbought my second goat and just looooove them! lol I dont really know why cuz they are ugly, but they sure make people smile when u cruise down the street! Course I rode around in one in the USMC, so maybe i'm prejudiced.

M816 Mac

I was passing by Papacom's neck of the woods and stopped by and picked up this surf shield and top bows for my Goat. Thanks Bill, I hope I can get back over there and get the rest of the stuff I need.

Attachments

goat whisperer

I never liked the Gama Goat. They are ugly, look like a committee of short-bus occupants designed it, it's loud as ****, the heater has two settings - off and broil, it never really floats unless you pray a couple times before you try it out, not really great for mounting guns or other weapons systems, and it's definitely not a chick magnet like most MVs are.

But it's a Steel Soldier. So it must be saved! Keep us posted....

sorry... i´m german, i don´t understand your comment
AND it´s not because of the language ;-)

Gunfreak25

maddawg, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I justbought my second goat and just looooove them! lol I dont really know why cuz they are ugly, but they sure make people smile when u cruise down the street! Course I rode around in one in the USMC, so maybe i'm prejudiced.
Actually, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. :beer:

M816 Mac

I unpacked most of the parts I have been collecting for the last 8 years. I forgot about alot of what I had. It's raining here and it's too dark to take pictures but I'll try tomorrow. It was like Christmas though. I found NOS U-Joints I forgot about. I have about a 12 x 12 spot in my garage with all my forgotten treasures to complete my Goat. The only thing that I know I'm missing is the linkage from the gas pedal to the motor. I'm sure I'll need alot more as I get into the actual rebuild. Some time this week I hope to bust the cab from the rear carrier so I have more room to work on it in my garage. Pictures to follow.

Charlie 6

To help you out with your gamma goat rebuild you should check out the cllassified section for gamma goat engine and components that are listed. Hope these parts helps you out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks