• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What data plates do you guys want??

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

Looks like I am going to make a push at some more data plates. Figured I would start with trailer plates (cheaper to put sets together than trucks). So tell me what you guys want to see. No matter how obscure. Now FEEL FREE TO SEND PICTURES OF PLATES PLEASE!!!! I have a large archive of photos but I want the plates I make to be the best. There are many variations and Mfg at times so the more info the better.
Again what do you guys want to see????

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Artillerydan,

I'd like a complete dashboard set for a 1968 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 with no winch, but what about the serial number or VIN stamped in? is that possible or do I need to do it myself?

Here are the plates I would like to buy, shown in these pics from my truck, as they are so faded they can't be read. I figure that if I remove them, tape things off, and shoot a coat or two onto the dashboard and interior, it will make the truck alot nicer looking to sit in. I love the patina of age, and might clean and clear coat it this summer, but new dataplates would be awfully nice.

flame heater switch
buzzer warning
the long plate with the shifing speeds etc
The other square plate to the right of that: I think it says something about fuels.
(but not the heater/defroster knob plate, it's new)
pictures: http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/mil/m35/vic4/04b.jpg

and
the plate in the middle of the dash, and the vehicle data plate above the glove box, and the air-shift data plate.
pictures: http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/mil/m35/vic4/04b.jpg

Please let me know if this is what you are offering. I've blown enough $ on this thing so far it might as well look nice :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
There are typically what, 2 plates on a 105? the "Responsible agency" plate and then the main plate, with M# and serial #, etc.? I have two M105A1 plates at home I can shoot for you, I know one is a Johnson Furnace Company, '67 model. not sure about the other, perhaps Turtle Mountain.

I think I am going to keep the M105A1 plates on mine, even though it has all the A2 stuff on it.

I would be interested in an entire data plate set for my '67 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 w/w. All my dataplates look awful, they are faded and painted over on the edges from the military painting the cab interior. I'd need the winch data plates as well. So evrything on the dash, the air shift switch, the winch data plates and a set of trailer plates.

If you need pics of any of my plates, I can do that.

How's about a group buy? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

citizensoldier

I could use some M101A1 and A2 plate sets. Ben Hur trailer plates,Dodge WC 52, M37/42 complete sets with winch.. And one that you could make that is non exsistent is a Canadian M37 shift plate? Reverse is over and forward along with Canadian M37 data plates.
Along with the M105 A2 plates...Thanks and keep us posted..
Lane

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patrick and Clinto, there are complete truck plate kits on Dan's site. With a complete kit there are more plates available then by individual purchase. He was doing correct stamping as well on the complete kits. Go to mvdata plates and look at the kits.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I would like to get new plates for my m185A3, but am undecided on whether or not it should be original, or reflect my added winch.

Jetnoise400

Well Dan, you asked for it... :D

I would really like to see plates made for the IHC M-3-4. I will be hitting you up for them eventually, as some of mine were missing, and the rest were rusted over. But on the rusted ones you can just make out some of the markings still. But my VIN plate was missing when I got the truck (along with the glove box door it was attached to) so I guess I'm asking for a full set of them.

How's that for obscure?

24-VOLTS

I would love to get a data plate made for my Shortended M35 that would reflect only having two axles. And maybe the dimensions on there also.
Would that be possible ?

Please let me know
Phill
plang@lanset.com

JDToumanian

I would love to get a data plate made for my Shortended M35 that would reflect only having two axles.
My deuce isn't shortened, but that's a great idea... seems like there would be a lot of demand for it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your data plates have plain lettering, no diagrams, they can probably be reprinted by your local screen printer. Bring the blank (flip them over?) plates and the informatrion to be printed.
My xm757 has several plates that are completely blank and I'll be trying to do my own screenprinting to restore them. Black epoxy ink is available and I only need to find out what's supposed to be written on the plates, including the 5-ton winch plates....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks