• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 used Medics?

BogFox

Someone told me that the Medical detachments, of course used a variety of vehicles, also used the M37s.

If so, how were they marked? Thanks

BogFox

RE: M43 Pics

I appreciate it, but I am looking for any pics or info on marking a M37 cargo truck. I have the markings for an M43. Did they mark the hoods, the doors, or did they sew the Red Cross on the canvas covers?

FrankUSMC

RE: M43 Pics

I have never seen a M37 cargo truck marked with the red cross, even when it was with a medical unit.
I have seen several photos during WWII of Dodge WC 51s, WC52s, (4x4 cargo trucks) and the WC63s (Dodge 6x6), plus the GMC 6x6 marked with red crosses. They were used to carry medical suppies and as in one photo, the trucks were carrieing blood plasma.
I am saying I have never seen a photo, but in this hobby, I have learned to try not to say "never".
One of the few, Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks