• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brand New GGoat Tires

DieselBob

Cool deal. Back in the late 70's I had a crankshaft for my Pontiac 230 OHC shipped by Grayhound. Worked out great, cheap and terminal at the time was only 1 mile from the house. Before then I didn't even know they did that.

Last edited:

m561gamagoat

Ok, jcap, they are pretty dry-rotted unfortunately, but i do have 10 of them so perhaps there are some best of the worst. It will take me a bit to get the new ones on so PM me with what your looking for exactly as far as condition.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just tried Busfreight.com and they have a 100lb limit per package. Would have assumed your tires were more than that....?

RDUKW

WOw where did you find new tires? How old is the date code on them? May I ask what you had to pay for the tires?

Thanks
Ryan

m561gamagoat

Found them in a screwy ebay listing. I have not had time to unwrap them but a friend of mine inspected them before i bought them out in Az. I will note the prod. dates when I get a chance. There are 5 United and three goodyears. I will advise when I have the info.

m561gamagoat

Finally unwrapped ny 8 tires I found on Ebay. 3 are Goodyear NDCC the other 5 are United (canada) NDT. 2 of them still have the little nubbies from manufacture. They are generally like brand new, no sign of dry rot or anything. I took shots of the serial numbers and wonder if these are coded similiar to US tires with the week and year at the end of the ser. If someone can advise I would appreciate it. For the record with the purchase and shipping (busfreighter.com) total cost per tire was $110.00. I consider this like finding buried treasure! LOL

Attachments

jeeplvr247

That a better price than I paid for my 7x16"s. Either I forgot how to read tire codes or your first tire was made in 1915... I am going to assume that I forgot:D

m561gamagoat

So far got 4 of my new tires mounted and on the goat. Sure is nice to see new rubber on and old machine. I got some wiper blades on eBay which I hadn't seen before. They are nos too. Still a ways to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks