• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 Gama Goat steering column insulator .

Charlie 6

I just replaced the steering column on my gamma goat. The problem I have is the rubber insulator that goes between the steering column and the support bracket crumpled during the disassembly process. Of course I can not find a replacement.
Has anyone fabricated this rubber insulator, if so what did you use and how you do it.
Thanks.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems like I remember seeing a thread where somebody used a gama goat column in their deuce with power steering. I thought the column mount was the same as a deuce... can you look in the TM's to see what the part number is and see if the one on the deuce is the same thing? I thought they were, but then again, I could be totally wrong. Do you have pictures?

Charlie 6

The numbers are different between the goat and deuce. Also the picture of the insulator I have seen for a deuce is different looking than the drawing in the goat parts manual.
I am hoping someone out there fabricated one or know who has one.

Jericho

I just fabbed one for one of my goats, i bought a 4 ft by 6 ft stall mat from tractor supply, then i cut the shape using a set of hole saws and a band saw, nice thing is the stall mats are 2 inches thick and reinforced rubber, got it on sale $24.00 , leaves you with a ton of xtra material for future needs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks