• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to JW4x4

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am thanking each one of my engine recovery team personally.

Jerry brought my engine in a can back to Dayton for me.

Thank you Jerry. He probably needs hazard pay after following Special Ed in Road Oiler all the way home.

jw4x4

I didn't catch him. He got a 4 1/2 to 5 hour head start. I took the same route just in case of catastrophic failure. He used his head and patiently nursed it home.

Your engine is safe and sound in the back of my 932. It sure didn't take long to put the new bed to work. We hauled a big load of wood from the lodge to the fire pit Friday night and loaded the canned engine Saturday. Ride was soooo bumpy on Rt 77 that it sawed thru 2 different straps- even after I used pieces of mud flap as rub-guards. Time for some chains and small ratchet binders for me to keep in the truck.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve,

I need to hijack this thread from you. I have to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Jerry and to Eric and Amy. Eric and Amy stuck with me the whole long slow way to I-81 in VA, while they could have been going well over 70, they stayed with me going 50 or less and getting covered in ATF the whole long way. And another HUGE THANK YOU to Jerry for taking the long way home just to be heading my way in case the transmission completely crapped out. As it was even the worst indian tracker could have followed me by the trail of puddles I was leaving. I had to stop every 1/2 hour to add ATF. I used a total of 9 gallons of ATF on the way home from the rally...what a ride!!!!!!!! 17 hours on the road and $118 in ATF (not counting the 2 gallons I left the rally with)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hijack away. We have a heck of a good team in the SS crew.

So what you are saying is a blind tracker with no sense of smell could have followed you home? At least you have a new name for the truck.

:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JW Delivered it Too!!

JW just left after helping me get my can off his truck. Yeah, the front tires needed air but at least the hoe was full of fuel. :)

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, your not wearing a helmet!

Did you run out of fuel?

No doors were harmed...

:doghead:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You mean to tell me the loader dies if you don't have any fuel in it?! Well son-of-a-B. Are you sure a good charge of the batterys wouldn't help?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks