• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12VDC Trailer Lights on a Deuce?

JRBAMATEX

I am sure this has been posted somewhere but I haven't found it. Is there a way to make 12vdc trailer lights work on our 24vdc trucks. I was wondering if maybe tapping into the existing tail light wiring and then putting some resistors in series with the circuit might do it. Has anyone had to deal with this and how did you solve the 12VDC trailer light problem?

Thanks all,

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of years ago I made a circuit that chopped the 24vdc into a square wave and tested some 12 volt bulbs with it, worked perfectly.
Small "black box" needed to be installed when hauling a 12 volt trailer. Doesn't work any 12 volt braking system, though.
In conclusion, let me say that it's less expensive to change to 24 volt bulbs. :)

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been mainly towing my 3/4ton M116 withe M1009 which if past threads are correct is 12v to the trailer. Anyways it works just fine, so I assume it has 12v bulbs in the trailer. A few weeks ago I had to tow the M116 with the deuce, and I did not have any bulb failures. This was daytime driving though, so maybe they did not get enough use to burn them out. I guess the trailer could have 24v bulbs, but they are bright with 12v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks