• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 axle nut socket size

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All, I have to pull the brake drum and change out my wheel cylinders tomorrow night
What size socket do I need to loosen up the two nuts that keep the bearing in place on the axle? Any other gotchas? This is my first time on a M211.

butch atkins

wheel brng nut size wrench

it is a 3 7/16 octagon (8 sided ) nut,and you can get these at a truck shop fairly easily,dont beat the nuts on and off,doit right get a socket,and DO NOT FORGET TO INSTALL THE CORK KEYWAY SEALS ON ALL FOUR OF THE REAR AXLE ASSYS,FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL LET THE 90 WT GEAR LUBE FROM THE DIFFERENTIAL WASH ALL OF THE GREASE YOU JUST PUT ON THE WHEEL BRNGS OFF OF THEM ,RESULTING IN WHEEL BRNG FAILURE ,YOU WILL DAMAGE THE HUBS AND THE AXLE TUBES THEMSELVES IF THE BRNGS SIEZE AND SPIN DUE TO LACK OF GREASE,READ THE MANUAL, good luck with your project

butch atkins

it is a 3 7/16 octagon (8 sided ) nut,and you can get these at a truck shop fairly easily,dont beat the nuts on and off,doit right get a socket,and DO NOT FORGET TO INSTALL THE CORK KEYWAY SEALS ON ALL FOUR OF THE REAR AXLE ASSYS,FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL LET THE 90 WT GEAR LUBE FROM THE DIFFERENTIAL WASH ALL OF THE GREASE YOU JUST PUT ON THE WHEEL BRNGS OFF OF THEM ,RESULTING IN WHEEL BRNG FAILURE ,YOU WILL DAMAGE THE HUBS AND THE AXLE TUBES THEMSELVES IF THE BRNGS SIEZE AND SPIN DUE TO LACK OF GREASE,READ THE MANUAL, good luck with your project

butch atkins

butch atkins

butch atkins

butch atkins

butch atkins

butch atkins

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bingo!!! I have one. I was hoping that it would be the same size as my M390C trailer
and it is.
Thanks!!!
I am off to read the manual and figure out how to make the cork seals.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M211 axle Cork Seal recipe

Looks like I will have to make my own cork seals. Does anyone have a recipe?
Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks