• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gauge for generator

white135

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a voltage gauge for my 1.5 kw genset. The old one is nonfuntional. I was hoping that someone would have a source for me. Saturn Surplus did not have one the last time I checked with them.

Thanks guys.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks like a standard type of sealed (waterproof/resistant) guage. These are very common type.
Do you have the diameter of the mounting hole it came from?
Does it take 3 screws?
Is it 0-150VAC 60 Hz?
Is the face itself plastic?
If you can't find one exactly the same, one very similar can likely be found.

I have several of these in my deuce shelter's power control panel, shown here.
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/mil/m35/vic4/100_2366.jpg
I bet it's the same. Let me know the diameter and other details if you want a functional replacement like one of the ones shown and I will look at nortex next time I am there (40 miles away).

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll see if I can find one at Nortex. I forgot you would have the 250v on the genset instead of the 120v one. Common size, the trick is to find an outdoor type.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I obtained two of these military moving-vane AC voltmeters. The scale reads 0-300VAC. They are sealed and waterproof and include a synthetic rubber gasket to seal against the equipment panel. The terminal attach on the back is by solder, but you can add ring lugs and use bolts or just solder to the wires.

The advantage of the solder terminals is that the feedthrough is a hermetic glass-ceramic to metal seal, instead of the rubber or plastic seals used for most meters with bolt-type terminals.

These also have an expanded scale meaning it is not linear, so that more of the scale is used for the important readings such as 120V and 240V.

As can be seen, 60V is way down at the bottom. Also, due to the calibration, the pointer does not always rest at "0" on these.

The diameter of the body is 2.07 inches, close to the 2 1/16" (2.0625") you mention. I believe this will do fine.

I have checked this one and with 120.0 volts AC 60Hz applied, it reads best my eyes can tell 124VAC, which is 3.3% accuracy.

$10 + ship fedex ground which just covers my expense.

Attachments

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lol... no i didnt, I will start paying more attention to detail.

*edit* never know though, they might still have one, or know where to get one

Last edited:

derf

Hardy Diesel sells decent little meters on that auction site that sounds like fleaplay. Around $20 for digital V and Hz.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks