• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring Clips

dabtl

I have a friend who will make both sizes should I not find any. If I have him make them, I will make more than I need. Is there any interest in buying some at a proper price?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My local Lowe's has them, I'm sure that there is at least one hardware store in your area that has them somewhere.

dabtl

Lowe's has some, not exactly like the ones pictured. Found them yesterday. I am kind of looking for original GMC types if possible.

But, Lowe's might be the better way to go as their clips certainly are stainless and nicely made. Far better made than the original clips.

dabtl

Pretty close, but no cigar on original look to them. I may be able to build them nearly as cheaply. Or, I may just go to Lowe's and get the stainless version and be done with it.

Thanks.

dabtl

I am buying the large clips off eBay. I am having a hundred of the narrow ones made. Got impatient. My friend made me buy him a six pack for them, however. Not cheap.

groundog

:) :) all jet aircrafr engines use these clips---any place that sells AN or NAS parts will have them---but I see you have all ready ordered them

dabtl

This is too easy. First get out the trust Dremel. Wire brush after scraping the worn rubber coating away. Then dip in Plastic Dip, black from the hardware store. It takes a couple of times to get the technique down but you can duplicate the original black coating, save searching for new ones and have the satisfaction of a job well done.

acetomatoco

Most of the radio installation kits have a plethora of them... all types and styles... Don't get so paranoid about being correct, cuz the PFCs who were working on these trucks used paper clips... if you want to be original as used by the military...relax... no two trucks released from DRMO were ever alike...ACE

dabtl

Oh, I am not that concerned about being 'correct' but I figure that there was a reason to use them and it is too easy just to clean, dip and install. Sometimes the easy solution is the best of all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks