• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Had to say goodbye...

Augdog1964

Had to say goodbye to an old friend this weekend, who went off to a new and loving home.

We had just completed an exterior restoration, and she looked amazing... So long old warrior, we never really own them, just hold them for their next owners...

Attachments

DeucesWild11

Wow you just made someone very very happy. What is it called and how can I get one? That now just joined my list of toys to get, perhaps at the top. Please give us some more info..

Thanks!

Augdog1964

Sure

No problem...

1954 Russian BTR-40 Armored Personnel carrier. This particular model was the only gun truck we know in the U.S. It was captured by the Israelis in the 6 day war, and was put into service patrolling the Golan Heights for several years. She had mounts for 4 machine guns, two radios, and tons of racks for ammo cans... appears she may have had a 60mm mortar at some time too.

Pretty rare vehicle, we know of 5 in the U.S. Fun to drive, easy to maintain.

DeucesWild11

Thanks for the info.. Rare usually means pricey.. still would love it though. Great looking vehicle and I am sure you are sorry to see her go.. Thanks for sharing the info..:D

Augdog1964

Tanks

Needed the room... more tanks incoming... and building more building right now is out of the question!

She went to a good friend, so she'll be "in contact"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks