• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 in Jefferson City MO

axshon

Hey All,

New to the site. Just picked up an M1009 in Jefferson City MO and realized too late that I have only 10 days to get the darned thing off the lot. I am working on a car hauler but it looks as though the one I was going to borrow might have a bent axle. Not sure yet.

UHaul's online price check says $400 + tax for a one-way to get it from MO to my place in Maryland. I have another buddy with a 1 ton truck to tow it with but that's also asking him to drive out with me. He loves his truck and won't let someone else drive it ;)

Supposedly the 09 runs fine but registration is a month out at least. I'd like to just rent a car and try to drive it home.

Suggestions? ThunderCracker over on the CUCV part of the site suggested I post the question here.

axshon

Ok, so you can still drive it home without tags as long as you have the paid in full invoice with VIN and proof of insurance? Or is this assumed courtesy by the local PD's?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are assuming the 1009 is fully functional.

Most of the CUCVs I have picked up have need some work before they where driveable.
Many needed tires

You might see if there is a local member that can get it offsite and look it over for you.

Or you might find someone to haul it for you.

axshon

Nothing that I found on the site indicates I need an EUC for this. No exclamation mark on the sold page, no email from GL stating I need it. Nothing on the invoice. Looking at M1009 and M1008 and M1028's I see that most of the 1008s and all of the 28's require it.

To be sure, I sent an email to GL asking if I need it. The wife would be ON FIRE if I spent 2-3 days away from home at Thanksgiving only to return empty handed having to make another trip...

axshon

Yeah, the drive-it-home idea is not something I want to count on. It would be nice but not based in reality. I'll either rent a full trailer from here or borrow my buddy's.

commandojeff

It should say in the upper right part of the screen on the auction page if you need an EUC. I am pretty positive you need one. But I could be wrong. Do you have a link to the ended auction page?

By the way, Jeff City has been great to deal with. It is a pretty relaxed base compared to other stories I have heard on here.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your invoice says Paid In Full, you do not need an EUC.

You might be able to borrow a towbar from someone in your area.

commandojeff

Yep it doesn't say you need one in the additional info part. Looks pretty solid to me. I would take a chance and try to drive it home. Look it over really good and go. Have a chase car as stated previously. Also they are pretty relaxed on the 10 day period to get it off the lot. At least they are at Jeff City anyway. The main part is that you have a set date to get it out that isn't unreasonable. The best thing to do is to call them and ask them directly. It should say Mike's number on your invoice.

axshon

Yep, I already talked to Mike. I asked about pickup the week after Thanksgiving and he said that was fine with him but not so much with his boss. I don't want to be the a$$hole making waves for a guy just trying to do his job so I'm going to try and be out in the 10 days. Not going to try and drive it unless everything else falls through.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No EUC required on this one.

I don't see a spare tire in the back. It could be on the floor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks