• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Certified Mail from the County

Today there was a slip in the mail stating that a certified letter from Cobb county could not be delivered because I was not home to receive it. I did an internet search as to why the county would possibly send me a letter via certified mail and the most common results were for a grand jury summons or a code violation. The only conceivable reason that I would get a code violation would be that some code enforcement officer received a complaint on my M35A3 and responded without knowing all the details behind the truck (non commercial, etc). I can and will go toe to toe with the county and my HOA because I am violating no laws or covenants by having my deuce at the house. As a courtesy I only even have the deuce at the house on the weekends. The rest of the time it is parked (with permission) at the local Ace hardware.

Has anyone got some advice as to what the county could possibly want (I assume it has to be related to the deuce) and how I should start preparing myself for this potential battle?

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get the letter. Read it. If it is a jury summons, oh well. If it is a HOA or code violation AND you want to fight it, call your attorney and turn it over to him. My bet is that somebody will back down when they see an attorney.

It will cost you a few $$. It will probably cost you either way (fight or get on your knees and beg).

You are probably dealing with politicians (code enforcement) dealing with a "citizen complaint" and justifying his job (and making some $$ for the .gov); or a bully in the HOA feeding his need for "power" and "authority". Bullies and politicians (but I repeat myself) usually tuck their tail and slink off when someone gets an attorney.

No guarantees, just my experience.

Storm 51

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why worry about it until you have the letter? It could be for a missed trash pickup bill or any of a number of things. I get them for some pretty benign things but they aren't anything to fret over. Life is too short to start speculating what it is until it is in your hands.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you've started out with the best option. Always start a thread on the Interwebs.

Have you been cranking up your stereo system in your driveway? :p

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently received a certified letter from someone, it was a check!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know a few people that received divorce papers...:popcorn:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Subscribed Also....:popcorn:

for post count...

emr

Yeesh, really, Hey Can you guys tell me whats in the letter in my mail box ") Figure if anyone should know its you guys, hey its certified and You know...And the internet sites do have all the answers anyone could want...Hey You guys get those all the time i am guessing, :) You really went on the internet rather than getting the letter? for the most reasons to get one? Are there really places with such silly info? Why not go get the letter? Well since you asked....SOOO .... I will take a shot at this, i think the letter contains some accidently secret sent Military info , That way it would pertain to this site, Since no one knows whats in the letter yet, it probably belongs on one of those BS sites,Not a Military truck talk site ( yet) :):) :) Just sayin no disrespect intended here, ....... Hope it is good news for you. But hey it was fun to read...and post... :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I had to go to Russell County, AL yesterday and speak to the DA's office with one of my drivers.

Evidently, 17 years ago...yes 17, he wrote a bad check and they JUST got around to sending him the "pay up or we'll issue a warrant" letter!!

I went with him in case he got "ambushed". The clerk pointed to a verticle file that was easily 5' high and prolly 10' wide and said they are "a little behind" on collecting and we are making an all out effort.
I asked if there was a statute of limitations on bad checks...she said no!

Cost him $162.50 for a 17yr old $92.00 check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks