• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towbar Parts?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My parents have run up on a 5 Ton wrecker near their home in Mississippi. They know the owner so one of my brothers went over to look at it. He said it looks just like mine, and they are both green, he is not much for details. Anyway my dad mentioned I was getting some chain clamps for my towbar so the guy sends some towbar odds and ends from the box on the wrecker. I have figured out all but the curved pins, the flat plates(M880 adapters) and the L shaped pieces.
James G.

PS: What are the curved attachments on the bolt cutters, a set of these were my wrecker as well.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The 2 pieces at the top of your photo are the axle clamps w/o the chains. I only recognise one other piece.

OpieNoTool

The 4 brackets at the bottom of the pic look like the adapter kit for the 880s and the two pins with the curved ends look like the ones for the wiffletree

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the two slinder bolts with D pins attached were for my med. towbar to hold the legs in place but they are too large. I have one towbar "foot" the brown singel part in the center of the photo, does anyone have it's mate for sale? One is not much good!
James G.

M1075

You can get a single off ebay. They are normally about $60-$70. They are either 3/4" or 1" pins. Be sure to measure what you have and see what your vehicles take.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I need is the clevis with two pins in it the 3/4 and 1 inch, like the one shown in the towbar manual. I tried the one I have on my M37, it is too large to go though the shackel mount.
James G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks