• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So...because I'm a retard *couple pics of install!!!*

spicergear

I found a deal on a-NOTHER 5 ton truck's 20,000# Garwood winch and a pile of rope. It should arrive at the shipping terminal tomorrow. Yep, you guessed it, a 20K winch on the back. It's living hell having a transfer case with a PTO and nothing to run with it. [^] Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and I'll be able to get it and maybe get some fitting done on it Sunday. Looking like tomorrow night I'll be putting back together the NV4500 5 speed for Katie's M715. I was actually surprised at how simple that tranny seemed to be.

The winch plan is between the pintle and the next crossmember. It's looking like the angled pieces heading back to reinforce the pintle area will need to be adjusted just a tad. Drive is looking like it'll come off the PTO, angle up and to the driver's side a little and get up on top of the frame crossmembers. There's plenty of room between them and the bed. I should be able to shoot the drive back through there and chain drive down to the winch. I'll post pics as it progresses! Here's a shot of it at it's former home. I'll have to build some rollers for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks