• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 thermostat orientation

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the exciting time I had the other day, I am double checking the whole cooling system.
I want to make sure I have the thermostat put in correctly since I can't find any pictures
in the manual showing the orientation.

The thermostat has the flat part where the valve is and the sensor part that has the cage around it. Is the cage part on top and point up, or is the flat part on top with the cage below it pointing down?

Thanks, and thanks again to all of you kind folks that have been sending me support notes!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M211 therostat orientation

The caged part is the "temperature sensor" and must be aimed at the engine. The solid part is the valve which moves in and out to adjust the flow of coolant and is in the housing on the radiator side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks