• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Euopean Invasion!!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't be alarmed, A friend just had his annual Pinz/Mog gathering. I was the only odd man out with a deuce!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Invasion

We suffered the same fate at the Florida Roundup. Seems the word eurotrash was spoken lovingly LOL. I have to say the many Pinz's and he Mog were quite capable but I was able to save face with the American Iron by freeing all the stuck trucks. I have new respect for the Pinzgauers!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

The big green Mog in the 1st pic it about 6 in shorter at the bed and 4 feet shorter in length. It has 14.50 X20 Conti's under it. That was the biddest truck there. Next Saturday, the City of Irwindale is having a Veterans Memorial dedication. They are asking for 30 vehicles, they don't care what nationality, they just want a BIG turn out. There should be more Euro stuff there, i'll see if I can snap a pic for comparison. BTW, the big green one has a 6 cyl, naturally asperated diesel in it. 59 MPH @ 3300 RPM! I thought a deuce was a screamer.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

What's it called, a Vampire...Franknstien? ? He hasn't moved that since June.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Nice pics Will. I've always liked the MOGs. I was close a couple of time before buying the deuce.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Euopean Invasion!!!

Ha! I just caught that, I need to learn how to spell..or spell check!

Mike_Pop

If you gents ever get a chance, you are welcome to the biggest European invasion in August...Northwest Mogfest. We usually have a turnout of 75-100 vehicles including Mogs, Pinzgauers, Halflingers, Volvo's, and VW's. It's the largest Mog event and a lot of fun.

www.northwestmogfest.com

As for the size of a Mog next to a deuce, my U1300L measures 17.5' long, 7.75' wide, and 9' tall. It's almost as big as a deuce but with more creature comforts and a better turning radius.

For a great photo of my Mog next to a deuce: http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/december/churchville2003/church15.jpg

Mike Pop

Mike_Pop

Bjorn,

The U1300L can carry a 2 ton payload. I've had 1.5 pallets of sod in my Mog and it did just fine but they were a bit top heavy and because of the flexible suspension, it exaggerated the side to side movement around turns.

Mike

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pics! My friend has a hard-on for the Unimogs, they're nice vehicles, but I dont want one for the fact that I like US MVs too much!

Mike_Pop

Brian,

I am 6'2" and am quite comfy in my U1300L. The cab is completely different than the older style Mogs and is built more like a truck where you sit upright with plenty of head and arm room.

Mike Pop

eminn57360

European Invasion

Well my Pinzgauer has ben up to 96kmh or up to 56mph on my gps, and thats not necessarily going down hill either slight upgrade I can hold it or accelerate, most of the 4x4's can do inexcess of 70mph and a few custom built 6x6's can do 70mph or better too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks