• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton and tires

M1075

Either set up should work with the right rims. What is the operating environment and application for the truck? What are you goals and objectives for changing the tires?

rizzo

I prefer a wider tire for traction and floatation. The 1600s are not that much wider than the 15.5s. I would say 1600's unless your going to do alot of hauling weight or towing. I don't see a ton of difference between the two. I wonder which tire would put you in the cummins sweet spot at cruise speed?

Rocco

Im just hauling with the truck
On and off road.
I like the look of the bigger tires.
And they are kind of cheap.
And it would be less ties to deal with.

M1075

You could maybe get by, but I would recommend you get some of the 2 pc wheels. 15.5 or 16" tires are plenty wide for a stock rim. Also, running single tires with the offset dual rims will look a little weird.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks