• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The bosses modified M105A2

INTREPER

The boss went out and got himself a 2000 AMG H1 a while back, so I decided he needed a matching trailer for it as we like to ride dirt bikes and ATV's. Found a local M105A2 through Government Liquidations and we got right to work on it.

- We started by block sanding it down
- Removing a set of leaf springs (the heavy duty set)
- Removed the air brake system
- Painted it to match the Hummer
- Found a nice Beachwood Canvas to go with it
- Changed the wiring a little bit to work with 12V
- Rhino lined the inside of the bed
- and finished it off with a custom axle to mount matching Hummer wheels

What do you guys think?

2 years later, and I still haven't registered it with the DMV :oops:
Wooops! :lol:

Attachments

No.2Diesel

I like the dark green paint. What color is it?

I'm jealous of the driveway and hate the manicured landscaping. My driveway now is RCA. It’s strong but not pretty. I'm saving up for those concrete steel reinforced waffle pavers. They are cool because you don't have to worry about drainage and it looks like a lawn from a distance. You also don't have to worry about staining it like a solid conc. Driveway or pebbles/gravel all over the place after the snow melts. It will take H-20 loads. Here's some pics.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the site and hope you are a frequent visitor to the site with so much information. Really like the look of trailer with the HMMWV it looks so strange since my M105 is stock I did a little different mod to mine to make it tow behind a truck, I lowered the hitch by welding on a brace that lowered and put it out forward a little there is a picture of it in my album on the site.

Elwenil

Why no end curtains? I'm not going to comment on the H1 other than it reminds me of a certain M35 that is also from Kalifornia.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trailer looks good. The Hummer H-1 looks gay. Only real HMMWV has a .50cal on top of it, and a sandpaper-rough paint job.

INTREPER

No.2diesel - that is a neat paver/brick, what ever you want to call it. I would go that way too if I had to worry about snow. Thanks for the compliments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus - All I did was flip the tongue, and vuala, perfect fit. Of course, getting rid of the HD leaf springs helped lower it a good ammount too. Thanks for the welcome.

Elwenil - The top flaps around a bit when being towed. I found that by removing the end curtains it doesn't do it as bad. Plus, it's not like we have anything to hide. Funny you bring up an M35. I got the idea for the stars from one. Might even be the same one you speak of.

Maddoawg308 - The civilian H1 shares just about everything with the HMMWV. So it has an automatic and a 12v system, BIG DEAL! Same truck with a few creature comforts. And just because its shinny, it doesn't mean we don't use it for what it's meant to do. You should see the paint up close.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Intreper don't take personally on the jabs on the H1. If it was not for the H2 and H3 abominations and indirectly what they did to Wrangler when they H3ed it many would love the H1 more. Sure the H1 is kind of ugly. It also is built heavy duty, and like you say is mostly military dressed up. I personally like them.

There are very few vehicles on this site that have anything close to a gloss paint job too.

alphadeltaromeo

Personally I really like the look of what's been done. I love the look of the H1...looks very sharp to me. The trailer job looks excellent as well. Some leave things orig...some modify a lil and then some modify the devilman outa them rofl but anyway, I love the look and would be happy to drive it for ya!

Excellent work!

Andy

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I don't care for the stars, but like the rest. Would like to see the wheels the same color as the body (or black)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks