• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4, specific questions as I've read much

iacucv

Ok, so I know after research I want to swap a 700r4 into my m1008. I have read many threads on it and the process, the bracket, etc. I ran across an ad for a pull out tranny supposedly rebuilt 1k miles ago with new torque converter out of a 94 6.5l diesel. Guy says it won't shift out of first and it's a solenoid. I can clearly see in pics it is stamped K. I can't see if the TV bracket is on it still but for the price asked its a non issue. So my question, there appears to be a spacer like bracket on the tail shaft end, does that mean its a 2wd version? A
Also, is the 94 model (I presume still 700r4) K mark still compatible with the m1008? And is the solenoid explanation legit in your experience, is it a scam, and what is the cost of the parts and extent of the fix? Thanks guys.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the transmission is a 94, then it is a 4L60e or a 4L80e and is alot harder ($$$) to install because they require electronic controllers.

Can you see the shape of the bottom pan?

Moved to the CUCV mod forum

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the spacer/adapter on the back looks kind of like a cone it's probably the tail shaft bell for a 2WD. If it's short and flat on the back about the same diameter from start to finish, it's probably a transfer case adapter.. But, as Warthog said, being a '94, it is electronically controlled, so a bad solenoid could be possible. I would look for either a standard 4L60 (Note NO "e" on the end, YES, they did make such an animal) or an actual 700R4

iacucv

Perfect that's what I was wondering. It does look to be a 4x4 model but being electronic I thought I read something about someone putting either a manual or vacuum valve body onto one, but I could be thinking of another swap. I can't see the pan in the pics. I would just start looking for another but for 100 bucks it might be worth the trouble.

cliffyp

If you are going to go to the expense/trouble of getting the electronic controller or going to full manual valve body, then do it with a 4l80e. The nice thing about the 700r4/4L60(not 'e') is that it is a very straight forward swap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks