• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know about Wyoming or Colorado??

Scuffy

Howdy guys! I just discovered this site last night and I've spent just about every free second since perusing the forums. This site is amazing!!!

I come to you in hopes that you can answer a question that I've had for several years now. While traveling with my family through either Wyoming or Colorado we happened to stop at a Surplus store that blew my mind. It was a true surplus store rather than a military inspired store as most have gone nowadays. I want to say that it was near Cheyenne (but I could be completely wrong!). They had everything you could dream of- Jeeps, small water craft, a complete corner of this place even had medical supplies like surgical tubing, forceps and the like. An area of nothing but white winter gear- snow suites, skis, masks and parkas. We spent the better part of two hours in this place and i don't think I got to explore all the little nooks and crannies. Does anyone know of such a place?? Being this vague it could warrant a barrage of possibilities! I'm dying to get back there! :D

Scuffy

I realize I'm not asking about an actual salvage yard (I just don't know where else to put this! :? Any clues?? Google just yields a bunch of websites that have nothing to do with surplus stores- pretty much just stories and blog entries that also contain the words "Colorado" and "Wyoming".

This was the neatest place, probably the best out of every true surplus store I'd been to. They were really cheap too!

Dieselsmoke

There's a guy in Cheyenne that has a ton of stuff, or at least used to, don't remember the name. I avoid Wyoming like the plague...if the wind ain't blowin 100mph somethings wrong :shock:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was the place in Ft. Collins, CO? I know there is a business there that sells trucks and surplus. What about Gene Pantano in Colorado Springs?

mcmullag

was it an old brick building? I saw a story posted on this site about some place in Pueblo, CO that had amazing stuff but I think it is gone now.

(Gene's place is just stuff in the woods and in outbuildings at his home in the pine forest 11 miles away from me, I think I may go visit him today in the duece).

Dieselsmoke

Pueblo Auto Parts was torn down in '00 or '01. Sad to see that place go.
If you go see Gene tell him hello and Merry Christmas. Nah, I'll call him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks