• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB CUCV Shackles!!

ralbelt

I purchased mine from a member in FL, don't remember his name, there were no pins but I had some 1" shafts that I cut to length and welded two thick washers on one end and drilled the other. Ground down the welds, and painted looks OEM.

panama

Thanks for the link, Bunker, and keeping us needy members in mind on the boards. But...am I just cheap or does $100 seem like alot for 4 shackles (with no hangars)?

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I.m looking for 4 also. Would appreciate anyone that is or has stripped out or is planning to strip ANY kind of electronics ,racking,pwr supply,radios,etc PM me with what you have as I may be interested in buying .
Thanks greatly!
popacom
Bill Kagin III
2705 Old Boonesboro Rd.
Winchester,Ky 40391 :grin:
(859)808-0836

Last edited:

4bogginchevys

What i've come to learn of those origanol shackles is that their some special wide style units. On my 1008 the holes were not quite an inch so I bought some 7/8 shackles and ground the centers out with my 5' grinder. I did a test fit for each individually and made them snug so they dont rattle, cost less than 15 each at a local store and the rating is still much heavier duty than it needs to be, plenty heavy to hang the truck from....the box steel will fail before it will!

Attachments

panama

Thanks for the info guys...I like the deuce look on Pawnshop's truck...I guess I'll start looking out for them too!

HAWKMAN

I.m looking for 4 also. Would appreciate anyone that is or has stripped out or is planning to strip ANY kind of electronics ,racking,pwr supply,radios,etc PM me with what you have as I may be interested in buying .
Thanks greatly!
popacom
Bill Kagin III
2705 Old Boonesboro Rd.
Winchester,Ky 40391 :grin:
(859)808-0836
What vehical are you looking for electronics for? '08 or '09? I've got racks for both as well as assorted other goodies...PM me and I'll let you know what I've got.:D......as far as shackles....I see what they went for on E-pay...wow! heck I would do a set of four shipped for $100.00 right off an 1008...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks