• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABSOLUTE max tire height

Monster Man

can you fit 14x20 singles on a deuce? and is it safe to assume the first number is the sidewall height, then you add that x2 to the rim height. It looks that way if 9x20's are 38" and 14x20's are 48", so that would make an 11x20 42"?

thanks

ironhorsethegeneral

On a stock Deuce with the normal axle spacing (front to rear) 1400 will not fit they will rub each other. We have 1100 on ours and we are very satisfied with the overall performance ove the 900 tires.

Monster Man

Originally posted by ironhorsethegeneral

On a stock Deuce with the normal axle spacing (front to rear) 1400 will not fit they will rub each other. We have 1100 on ours and we are very satisfied with the overall performance ove the 900 tires.
what's involved in spacing the axles out more?
How close are the 11x20's from touching?
and were you able to put 11x20's with the dual rear wheel on each axle or did you need to make them single?
thanks!

Attachments

McGuyver

Are you sure the first number is the section height? Whenever I've seen it reported that way on light truck tires, the first number represents the section width, and the second number, preceded by an "R" is the wheel diameter. Example: the stock M880 tires were 9.50R16.5 which meant that the tire section width was 9.5" wide and the wheels were 16.5" diameter. Of course you are talking Deuces, and there's a lot about them that's foreign to me. . .

Monster Man

Originally posted by McGuyver

Are you sure the first number is the section height? Whenever I've seen it reported that way on light truck tires, the first number represents the section width, and the second number, preceded by an "R" is the wheel diameter. Example: the stock M880 tires were 9.50R16.5 which meant that the tire section width was 9.5" wide and the wheels were 16.5" diameter. Of course you are talking Deuces, and there's a lot about them that's foreign to me. . .
that could very well be! I did a little more research and now am only a little bit more clear. A 1050-16 has a cross section of 11.4, and overall height of 37 (10.5+10.5+16), which leads me to believe the number is both the cross section AND the sidewall height (or that the cross section tends to match the height to keep a good proportion), since a 600x16 has a cross section of 6.7 and a overall height of 28 (6+6+16). So......

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks