• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 primary fuel filter conversion kit available

nickd

John Tennis is making an adapter that screws into the existing primary fuel filter housing that will allow the installation of the NAPA part# 3405 spin on style filter. NAPA gasket # 5070 is also needed to be installed between the adapter and the stock housing. The unit is machined from round solid aluminum stock. Designed and tested by John on his own deuce. Contact him @ jatonka@telenet.net for pricing and availability. He will answer all of your questions and a great guy to deal with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kinda like my cannister filters. Sure sometimes they leak and sometimes you get messy fiddling with them but I've never had anything penetrate them off road or from road debris. Can't day that about the flimsy spin on oil filters. Anytime I've gone to NAPA or a WIX dealer, they've had them on the shelf. My view is as long as they are readily available and the design doesn't develop problems, I'm sticking with them.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with you Kenny.
The original primary filter is cleanable and I like to be able to inspect it for amount and kind of dirt collected.

Westech

CPL
Im working on installing spin on filters on my fuel lines also. I like to run lots of dirty FREE fuel. Just make sure you have them out of the way and not rubbing on anything. BJ is right there is a ton of fuel flowing in the lines. Last yeay at Haspin Strech rubbed a fuel line and it was spraying like a garden hose.

nickd

This set up is designed to leave the stock housing in place and the adapter screwes on to use a spin on filter. The canister filter can be put back on easily.

Rattlehead

Am I correct in thinking that this adapter kit can also be used in place of one of the secondary filters? That seems to be the best option to me, as you get to keep the durable primary canister, as the secondary filters are up high and out of harms way. Also, the primary one can catch the maple leaves, pebbles, etc, while the modern secondary filter gets the fine stuff.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, the primary one can catch the maple leaves, pebbles, etc, while the modern secondary filter gets the fine stuff.
I think I would not pour the diesel fuel on the ground before It goes into the tank.

Yes John's set up is a nice mod.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks