• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone found an exhaust system they like?

rdragoo

Someone put a set of straight through glass pack type mufflers on my M1008 with turn downs if front of the rear axle. It's way too loud and almost deafening at speed. Did these come with a factory dual exhaust? If so, has anyone found a good, reasonably quiet setup at a good price? Maybe I'd be ok at the local NAPA or Autozone. Thanks to the group!
Randy
Tehachapi, CA

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Given the M1008 is a 1 1/4 t pickup, and it was manufactured prior to 1990 the chances are pretty good it COULD have the factory twin exhaust. I know they did it on Civvy Blazers until 1988 (I think).

ANY of the places you mentioned could answer the question. Having said that, if you are going to replace the mufflers, consider getting a pair of Caddy mufflers from the late 90's (Coupe or Sedan de Ville) as they will flow well and be dead quiet.

I've used them on several vehicles and you can't hear it until you stomp on it. Of course, all of MINE have gone on gas engined vehicles, so "Caveat Emptor" (buyer beware).

jim

Juan

I like the sound of dual 3" pipes with a balance tube and 3 inches Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers. It´s a throaty deep sound kinda like a bigblock. I´ve liked it so much that I have both trucks equipped with the same exhaust system.

CCATLETT1984

I'm running the dynomax mufflers, although I didn't install a balance pipe. I will be taking measurements with a decibel meter with the mufflers installed before I install the sound insulation in the cab. If anyone is going to change their setup, please get a measurement of sound without any mufflers for a comparison

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks