• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible perchase of a CCKW to flip, thoughts?

BikerBi11

Here is the skinny, a friend of mine mived to a new town and his neighbor had a CCKW in his yard with a for sale sign in it. have not gone to look at it yet but have seen pics of it. Clames that it ran when he drove it home from the county yard 5 years ago. Made him an offer substantually less than what he had it advertised for. I would have to drive it home as I have no way to ship it. So, there for, it will be a running driver. It is about 150 miles from my home. It has a flat bed on it and a winch up front. I will post some pics as soon as I can get him to email them to me. If this thing is a runner and has minimal rust, what do you think a reasonable value might be? I want to hear mostly from people who have experence withn these trucks. Thanks
Bill

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it were near me I would give up to $1500 for it. That truck originally had a shop van body on the back. If you are trying to generate revenue for yourself "flip", just keep in mind WY is kinda far from many concentrations of vehicle collectors, and the transport costs may sour quite a few deals.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the big thing to me is how much will you have to spend to make it road worthy enough for the trip home. those old seals will surely give out and leaks will be every where. it would be worth much more if it had the original bed on it.. that said and i can see you spending some just to get it home.. say another 500.00 and you must have insurance on it to drive it home.. another 200.00 fuel... another... if you see where im getting at.... the only way i see to make a good profit is to not spend any money other that getting it home in the way of a tow.. that would fit on a flat bed for sure. just add it all up before you buy and be prepaired not to make a killing on this truck2cents

paulfarber

Its a running chassis. Having once been a ST-5 or ST-6 shop variant is of little consequence as all the shop van specific parts appear to be gone (fuel tank, spare tire carrier, the actual shop bed.)

Shipping is $3 a mile, so you just doubled the price (at least) for anything other than an in-state buyer.

Even a drive home is iffy. You can run on leaking seals, but bad bearing ends you day... dry rotted rubber and a hydrovac that may or may not eat the seals if they are dry rotted.

It is in good shape from the pics.. and winch trucks always get a premium (as long as all the winchy parts are there).

$1500 is a fair price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks