• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Start to finish, here we go!

twinfiftys

:hop: Thought I would post some pics of what I hope is a great transformation of my M35. I'll start with what it looked liked when I got it last spring and where we are now. Then add to it as we finish it this spring.

Monster Man

you got your hands full, that's for sure. I was deadset on Forest green, but after seeing Fred's M37 radio truck friday I'm going Olive Semi Gloss, 24087. I had a sample can from Aervoe, cleaned up my wheels and sprayed. Looks great! For my daily driver a simple spraybomb is fine for me. No way I could disassemble all that and sandblast, etc. Five foot rule is my guide :) I'm ordering my paint today, should be here tomorrow or Wednesday, paint this weekend? We'll see. can't wait to see yours done.

twinfiftys

Have been very busy at work so I've fallen behind with the truck. We got it primed and started painting about three weeks ago. Finally got to the point where we could start putting her back together. Had a little sun break today so put some rubber on her and out the door she went. Still have aways to go but starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Thought I was getting somewhere when we finished all the big peaces, but its all the nuts, bolts and screws that take the time. We wire brushed primed and painted each one and then touched them up after reinstallation. I'm still looking for completion by armed forces day, alot of work left but we'll make it.

Desert Rat

TF,

That's looking very nice! Can't wait to see the next set of pics! I'm looking to do something similar with 'Storm but include a few modifications and a new cab since the one on her now has some cancer in the cab mounts.

twinfiftys

Just a guick note. We didn't get completely done but she was drivable by Sat. so off to town we went. Had a small display and lots of fun, up to a point. Sure felt good to take her for a ride. Just as as we were finishing up I managed to trip over a cable and dislocate my shoulder, :banghead: boy did that hurt. So final completion got pushed back a few weeks. Here is a photo of her, more to come later, along with some thoughts and learning experences of the project. ( Having to learn to type with one hand. )

Armada

Norm, that is absolutely 'drop a jaw' beautiful!! [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] [thumbzup] You must be very proud! [^] [^] [^] That original 24087 color is by far my favorite. Outstanding!!!!!!!!

Desert Rat

T50's,
Yeah, we want more! We want more! We want more! (like I never heard THAT in my classroom before...............)

twinfiftys

Here are a few more pics. that I took today, had to get it out for the insurance agent so he could take a few pics. Rember she is not done yet, paint touch up, troop seats and 50 cal. gun mount still have to be added. Hope you enjoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks