• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving M246

123mack

I need to move a M246 wrecker which I am buying from Alexander City AL to my house about 40 miles south of Birmingham- a distanse of about 60 miles. A landoll type trailer will have to be used due to the condition of the tires. So far the best price I have got is 400.00. Is that a fair price?

No.2Diesel

Up by me $400 would get your CAR!! flat-bedded about 100 miles. I would have to say that 400bucks for a 25,000lbs.+ truck isn't too bad considering the time to load and secure. Are all the tires flat or just cracked?

123mack

Its' been sitting for about 5 or 6 years in one place. When I tell a wrecker company that, they won't touch it for a bumper pull. Afraid the tires might start to come apart. Can't say I don't blame them.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My wrecker guy charges $200.00 to crank his up...after that there is hook-up, milage and "related expenses".
That sounds fairly reasonable to me. Especially since it will have to be winched on and off. If he has room to manuver he will probably drop it right where you want it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all this talk about the tractor wreckers and the fact that I have a tractor and a wrecker, maybe I should have one of these to fuse the gap between the existing trucks.

123mack

I'll probably pick it up next friday.Don't have any pictures of it, but will post some after I get it home. Never have posted pics to a website , so I will have to figure that out. As to driving - no way that will happen.

westfolk

$400 is a deal. Awhile back I was in a jam with a truck. Long story short, Was moved 12 miles for $150. He told me he'd give me a break on the cost. Which he did at that price. You got someone to move it for $400...get 'er done.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
by all means consider that cheap, buy the man lunch while your at it, make sure you take some pics and post them, we love to see what others pack home. makes us feel not so alone in the universe Tim

derby

I had My Bridge Truck hauled 175 miles,$650 including wide load permit. which was a steal I thought! I would say that is a very good price.Jump on it!

2deuce

Often the price to move your vehicle isn't just the distance you need it moved but also how far they need to go to get the thing and then back after it's delivered. $400 sounds very reasonable.

DMgunn

If you don't like $400 (which I think is very fair BTW), you might consider calling a local implement or heavy equipment dealer and ask if their driver will be dead-heading near your truck. I called my local JD dealership (they're doing winter service specials right now, and delivering combines and tractors all over the area), and they are going to move my 5-ton 25 miles for $2 per loaded mile (it is only 3 miles out of their planned route). This is half their normal rate, but better for them than driving back empty. PLUS, they are already set up for overwidth, permit-wise. Everybody wins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks