• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello From The Texas Hill Country!

klmartin62

Hello Everyone, I live in the Texas Hill Country, in a small rural area. I see that my state is well represented here. I have a few smaller Military items. A Libby welder with the 4A084 Hercules engine, a 400,000 btu Hunter heater that is diesel driven and trailer mounted. I have had a few larger MVs over the years, but that is it right now, other than some left over stuff from former projects.

I have been watching the forums for quiet a while, and decided to join. I am impressed with the friendly attitudes, and helpful advice I have seen here. I will try to help anyone I can here, as well. This site has helped me many times, and for that, I thank you all.

I am starting on the welder as soon as I find the mag parts. I have done mechanic work, both light and heavy duty, for over 30 years. I have done it for a living for at least 20 of those years. There is much I don't know, but I will gladly share what I do know.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes the new (formerly :shock: lurking) Texan aboard :D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

BTW: You're just about 150 miles south of us ! About 2 hours by POV, 3 to 3-1/2 by Deuce!
Please be sure to GOTO the Member Map and peg your location :beer:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vbgooglemapme.php

Again, W E L C O M E ! ! !

Last edited:

reloader64

Welcome from Liberty Hill, northwest of Austin. And yes, the hill country and central Texas is very well represented on Steel Soldiers. The Lone Star MVPA (lonestar-mvpa.org) has monthly meetings at Camp Mabry, in Austin, on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. This month is the Christmas party! We'd love to have you.

Scott

SPCWarning

Welcome!

Welcome from Mississippi! So are you planning to get another MV?:)

A 400,000 btu heater? NICE ! That would even heat my un-insulated metal shop!:shock:

Welcome aboard!

Jimmy

combatmech

Greetings fellow Texan!! Welcome to the OD green addiction support network!!
I hope to be moving back to Dallas soon.....Bought my current 1009 from a dealer in Dripping Springs, Tx

Barrman

You are the third member to use Camp Wood as your location. The other two actually live the Houston area, but have land out your way. I drive something green out to your town several times a year normally.

Your Sheriff is very supportive of MV's licensed under the FMV guidlines. One of your Deputies however is an idiot that doesn't seem to understand they are legal. No matter how many times you tell him on the side of FM 337 miles from nowhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks