I heard it run before I bought it, but it had a bad fuel pump, carburetor needed work and the water pump was shot, so I had it transported home. I got it running pretty good and drove it around the yard before I stripped it down to the frame. If you look at post #57 you should be able to view a...
I am sorry to say that aside from collecting the parts, not a lot of progress has been made. The only major items I still need to find are an air-shift xfer case the a set of torque rod ends.
My time has been focused elsewhere (see pic below), but once I complete the auto to manual transmission...
I don't think you need (2) bars, but then you may need to support the end of the tool like was previously mentioned.
My tool came with (2) bars, which works great for the lug nuts, but it might not be standard issue.
More progress...U-bolts holding rear leaf springs have 64 years of rust accumulation, which made them the most difficult fasteners to remove so far.
Also got a quote of $900 to sandblast the bare frame, so I may end up using a wire brushes and a needle gun to clean up the frame prior to priming it.
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!