• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M135 Quad cab

Danger Ranger

Ok, whoa whoa whoa! First off, welcome to the site, second, you can't just post 2 pics and say hi. You are leaving us hanging here.

That is a great looking truck. Tell us about the project: how long did it take? what had to be done? how did you go about it? what do you do with it? Is it your only truck?

Thanks for posting, now explain please. Oh, and we will need some more pictures.:p

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Paint and workmanship look best-of-show perfect. The stenciling and star applications are perfect. Thanks for posting!

JerseyHick

IMG_0184.jpgIMG_0200.jpgIMG_0203.jpgIMG_0207.jpgIMG_0218.jpgIMG_0230.jpgIMG_0239.jpgIMG_0235.jpg
sorry bout that, still learning this computer stuff.
Thanks. its mine. picked it up about a year ago, cheap! Was sitting for 10yrs, never ran. New oil, batteries & fresh gas, fired rite up.
Purchased another cab off a guy in north jersey. Told him what it was for, he looked at me like i was crazy.
Fab work on cab & bed took about a month. Painted it last spring.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, a beautiful M135 butchered. I am sure my brother will be on soon to defend it.....

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW that truck is beautiful! Nice work!!

Certainly better to see it as a well-cared-for crew cab than rusting away in a field somewhere.

Good job!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awe Man! Who would do something like that! I cannot believe it! What the...

It is almost like the cabs were designed to do that. They have all the seams and joints in the right places. The only thing is the 2 support channels under the floor take a small re-work.

You, Sir, have done great work. I like what you did with the seats and interior. Your softtop is perfect. I'm going with a hardtop and a heater. The gas tank step idea; well, consider it stolen. (thank you) Ahem, Would you post more pictures?

Forgot: My cab is 39" longer than original, and I just got a 4' chunk of frame.... ;-)

Attachments

Last edited:

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How stable is the center door post without the top? It looks like you filled in the backside?

I can't stop looking at it.

JerseyHick

NICE!! You could actually bolt them together using the existing holes. but cab would be to long, for my needs. Had to gusset the door pillars. weight of the rear doors would cause them to flex outward. With a hardtop you may not have that problem.IMG_0238.jpg

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You really did a nice job. I think they look much better proportionally than the M35 series. They usually end up with big spaces between the doors. Good job on the rear seat.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS Early Deuce forum and thanks for bringing the Limo. Simply breathtaking.

You made it look easy so more pictures of all those floor mods and home
made panel solutions would be greatly appreciated.

It's been a G-749 Christmas around here and you just took it over the top. Thanks for sharing, can't wait for the ride.

JerseyHick

You really did a nice job. I think they look much better proportionally than the M35 series. They usually end up with big spaces between the doors. Good job on the rear seat.
Thanks Man. Your gonna love yours when its done. You can go to 100 car shows and never see another like it. Only problem is you have to hear people say you ''ruined'' it.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Man. Your gonna love yours when its done. You can go to 100 car shows and never see another like it. Only problem is you have to hear people say you ''ruined'' it.
That is why I did not post pictures of mine.

Plowboy, Don't you think Canada needs one too?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks