• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M135 Quad cab

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to pull mine out of the shed this weekend. See what you started.

I may have been wrong on the 39" measurement. I'll look.

Very neat that you used a lot the original stuff, even the seat mounts. How does the parking brake mount look? I was tossing around the idea of using both driver's seats for the front, but something about the idea of flipping the back down to stand on is very cool to.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M135 Quad cab

Some more
That's what I'm talking about.

Too bad ya got to put up with the purist grumblin'. I'm a G-749 purist at heart as well but that's my problem and how can ya not love a project like this. Mama always used to say....."If ya don't have something nice to say, get the hejj out of the house". I know of 8 deuces that rotted in a field for 30 years. Would have been happier as a Limo.

You ruined it. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, had to say it but now I need to know how you ruined it...specifically.

How did you solve rear cab mounts? ...Aw heck I have a million questions so I'll wait for the photo's. You've already solved lots of problems that the next ten guys will have with this mod so I'll eat popcorn and wait for the story.

Like I said you made this look simple, awesome.

Henderson, Canada isn't ready for a quad deuce.....not until it's finished.

The frame on the one below is already stretched but 'not lengthening the frame' solves a lot of problems and costs.

Attachments

butch atkins

Awesome job congrats to all the ones who are thinking outside of the box.Welcome to the site. Between you and hendersond are y'all related?,or is it just great minds think alike?We all have a fairly rare truck in the GMCs,but you guys have really stepped up the pace for the rest of us.Good luck to all on your projects.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on this site.Finally home from Germany,going deer/pig hunting December 21-22,26-30,wife not thrilled,but need meat in the freezer,and avoid all of my relatives/ outlaws/I laws. see ya next year!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is crazy impressive. Hats off to you-like the others said above, the attention to detail and workmanship are top notch!

Thanks for sharing it with us. It's awesome.

hippiedude

That truck is SWEET !!!!!!!!!!! Nice work ...... What are you going to do with the motor and trany after the transplant ..... I would be interested in them if you want to sell them ........ Looks good ...... Tim ....

JerseyHick

Thanks, to everyone. Have to admit, I was expecting much more of a flogging from the purists. But thanks for all the compliments. I'll take closeup pics of hand break mount & rear cab mount. Post em tomorrow.

JerseyHick

That truck is SWEET !!!!!!!!!!! Nice work ...... What are you going to do with the motor and trany after the transplant ..... I would be interested in them if you want to sell them ........ Looks good ...... Tim ....
Have no plans for the old driveline. If it sits around here, I'll probably end up stuffing it into a Rat-Rod or something:D I'll let u know after the swap. U got first dibs. Prefer to see it put to good use. Runs awesome, it's a beast!

Section8

Jersyhick that rig is awesome!!
Thank you for the gracious photos and tidbits of info
I to dream of making a crew cab for my M135. Have to to fit the family all five of us! I keep buggin the wife and saying we need another kid, then have to make my rig a suburban! Lol!
Do to finances right now my rig has been in hybernation but once things turn around I hope to accomplish a job at least half as nice as yours!
Congratulations on such a great and proffesional job!
Welcome again to the site!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JH, don't worry about a "flogging". I am assuming the "purists" was me. Sorry, but gotta give my brother a hard time. It's your truck, do what you want to with it. BTW, it looks great.

Last edited:

JerseyHick

Rear cab mount pics;
I used 3''x1/8'' x 34'' steel C-channel for the main support. Capped both ends with 1/8'' plate steel. Reused the factory cab springs, bushings, spacer and hardware. Also had to rotate driver side air tank, to gain clearance for the pressure valve.. But you may still have to notch the bottom of the channel as i did in the pic.
hope this helps, i'll post the parking-break pics next
IMG_0277.jpgIMG_0278.jpgIMG_0279.jpgIMG_0280.jpgIMG_0282.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks