• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

On the way to get a WC-63

gabby4244

IT'S ALIVE!!!

I took the ruined carb, blew it out with air, cleaned it up a little, milled out a new place for the main jet (more or less...), crammed the jet in with teflon tape, spread out the old leather accelerator cup, put it back together with the old crappy gaskets, and Viola! He came to life instantly! Motor ran very well. Nice and smooth, just purred away, a good 40 PSI oil pressure, even once warmed up. Then we went for a short test drive around the lot. Drive train seems to work well, even the winch worked!

I can't say how excited I am! Just like a teenager, 30 years ago back in High School when we'd get our old bombs going on a none-existant budget.

Extra thanks to Steve (Hpwr) for the assistance and faith. Especially the part where he stood on the running board and held the temp fuel tank up high to gain fuel pressure as I drove the truck around.

Here it is. Hopefully this will work.

http://scottgs.dynip.com/pictures/WC-63_recovery/Its_Alive_04JAN13.avi

Garret :) :D :)
Great find ! Great pix, KEEP um coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx:tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks