• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mufflers

rsh4364

Right now my 1009 has glasspacks on it and dont like the sound, getting ready to have 2- 3 inch moroso racing bullet types installed along with 3 inch tailpipes..What mufflers are most guys running ?

smoke

Just my 2 cents but the moroso racing bullet are just like glasspacks. If you want something to sound different than glasspacks . I would go with a chamber muffler like a flowmaster 40 series, or a knock off to them. Had a buddy that had a 86 civy 1 ton 6.2 4spd manual put knock off flowmaster on his. sound 10 times better than the glasspack that where on there when he get it. I believe cherrybomb makes a chamber muffler like the flowmaster but a whole lot cheaper. Check out youtube for 6.2 with differnet exhaust and decide for yourself.

rsh4364

thanks smokes,my exhaust shop wants to do the bullets for clearance issues,but i do love flowmasters,i have 2.5s super 44s on my malibu and used to have 40s on it, great sounds..,if you go to youtube and punch in rsh4364 you might see and hear malibu and m1009 let me know what you think...

rsh4364

Had moroso 3 inch muffs installed today and 3 inch tailpipes,looks ,sounds and runs much better,little lounder on acceleration,but quiter at 55-65 mph, sounds really good,actually less noise at speed than 2.25 exhaust with glasspacks !

iacucv

Quick question on the subject of mufflers, what have you guys found to be the quietest muffler on the 6.2? Idle, at speed, etc.

rsh4364

1ton I love your truck and would love to do my exhaust like yours but I have no shop or even garage, so stuff I do to mine happens in parking lot or I have to pay a shop to do it,so im very limited..I am really surprised how much difference my minor mod made in the trucks performance,I cant wait to move batts. and do a fresh air set-up..watch my vid. on youtube,search rsh4364 and you will see my 1009 with 2.25 exhaust and with 3 inch..comparing my truck to yours is like comparing peaches to turnips,haha but I do love it..advice more than welcome..

RedneckMilenko

What are yall's thoughts on runng just straight pipes? I know it'd be loud as all get out but that's what I'm looking for. I just don't want to burn up vavles and this my 1st diesel.

RedneckMilenko

All I needed to hear. I've had a few gassers with straight pipes and never had a prolem but with the M1009 already having a pretty non-restrictive exhaust system I was afraid of too little back pressure without a muffler of some sort. I guess I'm on the hunt for the most agressive one I can find, or making one.

rsh4364

i really like the moroso spiral flow,i have 3inch with tailpipes,wish i had gone 3.5,but im happy with it,you can hear it on youtube,just search rsh4364,kinda loud accelerating but pretty mellow at cruising speed..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks