• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico to Ohio again

bgekky3

I am driving from Las Cruces to Ohio again. I did the same trip four years ago. Work sent me back a year later and I bought another deuce and later a 1008. They have been sitting for a few years, but now they are headed home.

I made it to Elk City, Oklahoma today. So far all is well. I like my tire and wiper blade upgrades.

A guy in Roswell tried to sell me a running halftrack too.
2013-01-02 16.20.32.jpg

Danger Ranger

Dang! Thats a trip. Maybe you should post up your route for any members that could help along the way. Let me know if ya go through Iowa...
Im from Portage Co OH, btw. Pretty neat. What is work for you if you don't mind me asking?

bgekky3

My dad owns Geauga Lake Auto on 44. I grew up in mantua. Im on 40 about a hundred miles from Oklahoma City. Im takin 40 to 44 then 70 to 75 and either the turnpike or route 2 ending up in Huron. I will let you know the next time I'm at my parents house.
I will post more pics from the camera when I get home. Right now I just have my majic phone. My sister in law is making the trip with me and she is taking pics along the way. I wanted to go further today, but she looked like she wanted to jump out of the cab so we stopped.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I thought you were doing this sooner than now! Let me know when you plan on being near I70 and I75. We have a bunch of members in that area now.

Danger Ranger

NO WAY!!! Holy crap that is really close to home! I am in Mantua myself, if ya hadn't read my sig location...
Always wondered about that place...you don't know if there are any Jeep Cherokees or parts for one in there do ya? Any MVs? (gotta ask on this forum)...

Any progress is good progress...I will be in Iowa again for school by Sunday, so I am not sure when I will be home again next. We should definitely meet up sometime if it all works out.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What Gimpy said. If you let us know when you will be around the I70/75 interchange we could meet for coffee (or anything resembling something worthwhile to drink). I was just up at Port Clinton for 6 days vacation and went to Sandusky for lunch.

bgekky3

I should be at 70 75 tomorrow. Last time I made the trip, I stayed in joppa, Missouri. I am not as heavy this time, so im hoping to get past St Louis today.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No pedo!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for all the help Ed, I appreciate it. . . . . :burn:

some peoples kids.

I want my towbar feet back! :razz:

Last edited:

Aurora

I'm from Mantua also and know your brother and dad, they have sold me several cars. Let me know next time your in town. Have a safe trip back.

bgekky3

I didnt think you wanted anyone to know I was at your house ed. Thanks for all the help. Now you have some more room to get more trucks.
I made it 670 miles today to vandalia, il. I have 490 to go.
I should be at 70 75 around 1 or so.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I didnt think you wanted anyone to know I was at your house ed. Thanks for all the help. Now you have some more room to get more trucks.
I made it 670 miles today to vandalia, il. I have 490 to go.
I should be at 70 75 around 1 or so.
Good deal, home stretch, give me a call when you get there.

Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Got a call from Nick about 1.5 hours ago, the motor went south about 80 miles from home base, he is having the truck towed to a nearby yard, and is driving the 1008 the rest of the way. I think he will be driving his other Deuce tomorrow to recover.

Ed

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just talked to Nick on the phone he's about 15 min from home in the 1008. Think the Deuce may have tossed a rod.

bgekky3

The shop doesn't open until Monday. I am going to get everything ready tomorrow and then go get it with the other truck. Man am I tired. Last time the deuce had some weight in it, so it didn't bounce so much. If you want to help Monday I'll pick you up on the way.

I stopped at the rest area and when I walked back to the truck it sounded funny, so I bet it is toast. If so I will be rebuilding the 12v in my garage and putting that in and the the power steering box out of an old bus in my dad's yard. I will check for chunks in the oil on Monday. If no chunks I'll take the heads off after I finish rebuilding the wifes mustang. I was telling Ed, I wanted to get the truck home and think about the 12v, power streering project in two to three years. Oops pedo. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks