• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico to Ohio again

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good God, I forgot about that freakin chrome stack. . . . . :shock:

And the bus tires. . . . :shock:

I'm willing to start a flat black rattlecan fund for Nick, or perhaps a "no chrome intervention" where SS members show up at Nick's place and cover up all the shiney items on trucks that should not shine. . . . :p

Glad you made it home safe, let me know on the motor, I might be up for a delivery road trip, as long as you pay. . . :rofl:

bgekky3

Here is what came out of the oil today. Some pieces were metal and some were more paintlike or varnishy. They broke up when I touched them. I think I am going to put another multi in it for now. I will be building a pole barn this summer and have four paint jobs to do. Two will require a lot of body work.
001 (800x600).jpg002 (800x600).jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sounds like liner material. I have a liner and piston used if ya want to experiment before the motor swap.

bgekky3

I can swap the engine in a day. I need to get everything finished so I can perch fish late summer. Also I got 7.7 mpg before it broke. i'm going to pick up a pull out soon and hope it will last a few years untill I can swap the 12v in the garage.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nick, if it is liner material, that would jibe with the fact that this motor may have been overheated when that oil cooler cover developed the leak, we always thought it might have damaged the motor due to overheating. But the darn thing ran so well. . . .

bgekky3

Yep...I was worried the first two days, but my worries lessened the closer I got to hope. If I didn't drive so much down south it might have let go in my driveway, but its home now. I might take the sister in law and wife out east to eat some blue crabs, and pick up an engine next weekend. I need to take the hub apart and find the lost stud too. I hope it sat on the pad all the way home and didn't beat everything up. I thought hobbies were supposed to be fun and relieve stress.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the OD Green hobby Nick you know that. You should have called, we'd have come got the machine for you. That tow bar and the Deuce at Beamer's are always available for that type of recovery work. My 5 ton is off line right now, think I've got an injector pump problem or it could have made the trip. The "Group" has an extra engine, but I think it needs overhaul too. The one we tore down during the week between Christmas and New Years with the help of the Sea Cadets was scrap. It had been run hot, spun bearings, seized pistons in liners and all. We got a good storage container for spare parts out of it. Let me know if you need any help with the swap.

bgekky3

Capt Pat I drove the 1008 home and got my other truck to pick it up. This engine was most likely overheated before, because the oil cooler had a hole in it. I should have it going soon.

bgekky3

After using the truck for a shelf for the last 5 years, I finally swapped in a new multifuel. It wouldn't start, so I checked the fuel shut off. It was stuck. After freeing it up, I tried to start it again. It is stuck wide open. I was able to shut it down in less than a second, but it probably wasn't the best thing for it. I'll post some pics later. I have to cut up some logs I have stacked up in the back yard before it rains.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks