• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL middle man?

HASSON1911

I was wondering if its possible for someone(person 1) to essentially pay someone(person 2 ) af ee to deal with the hassle of GL paperwork then when the truck and paperwork is all cleared to (person 2 ). Then (person 1) buys the truck for the auction cost paperwork cost, and a fee for the work of (person 2). Has any one thought of this, or has actually implemented this. Food for thought, on this subject during my 2nd day of this battle with the flu. I was wanting to get a M925a2 but with this flu I don't know if I want to put up with all this hustle with only 10 days to jump on it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything is possible.

Cost of truck
GL fees
Cost of tying up the buyers money
Buyers time and effort

I'd wait until I felt better to buy a truck.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done it before for a guy who wanted 2 more trucks like the one he bought from me and didn't want to hassle with GL.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are many members that do that already.

Also all the MV dealers are doing that.....:whistle:

HASSON1911

Ah nice to see I m not the only one who doesn't want to deal with GL. I have seen other 925's go for up to 18k, but I was hoping GL would be on the lower end of like 5k, do you think a set up like this could function on 5.5k

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done it for local friends and family that don't know how to deal with GL or don't use computers. To be honest, it's a pain in the rear and I've all but quit doing it. I'd rather just help them by walking them trough the process and let them bid on a account in THEIR name.

One problem is that if person 1 buys the truck with their account, The truck and sf97 will be in person 1's name. This usually means double sales tax ( once through GL and another time when person 1 transfers the vehicle to person 2).

I also think you'd be considered a auto dealer in most states if you did much of it as a for profit business.

Another problem could arise if the truck turns out to be a piece of junk and person 2 decides he doesn't want it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks